These Festival Terms & Conditions are a living document to allow for industry and public health initiatives and requirements, and as such can be and will be edited from time to time at the sole discretion of the event organisers Didge Group Pty Ltd (ABN 63 636 565 743).
All tickets are sold or provided (including any resale or subsequent assignment) on the express condition that the holder is bound by the rules & regulations issued by the event organiser, Didge Group Pty Ltd (ABN 63 636 565 743). By purchasing this ticket, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions contained herein and on the Music Is Life Festival website.
‘You’ and ‘Your’ refers to the customer. ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’, ‘Music Is Life Festival’ and ‘Event Organiser’ refers to Didge Group Pty Ltd its employees, contractors, volunteers, and authorised persons. This agreement means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by Us on Our website and booking forms.
- Disclaimer: Ticket price at time of Purchase is based on the Event Budget and NOT on the Artists performing at Music Is Life Festival. Music Is Life Festival reserves the right to change any Artist in it’s line up. Ticket purchases are Non-Refundable.
- Directions of Festival Staff: You must follow the reasonable directions of Festival staff as required and comply with the law at all times during the event.
Proof of Age: The Festival is open to all ages. You must have proof of age photo ID to purchase or consume alcohol in the Festival Site. We reserve the right to evict any underage person (or persons unable to provide proof of age ID) if found trying to purchase or consuming alcohol.
- Conditions of Sale: All bookings and ticket purchases are non-transferable and may not be sold or transferred by You.
All tickets and products are priced in Australian dollars, which are inclusive of GST. We reserve the right to charge a fee for the following:
$20 fee for the replacement of lost, destroyed or stolen tickets hard copy tickets.
Booking fees, including credit card surcharges, to cover administrative costs.
Ticket re-issue fee (change the name on your ticket) up to 2 times. This incurs a fee of $20 per ticket. Ticket re-issues will close at 9am Monday 5th July 2021.
Your electronic ticket is your ticket to the event and must be presented at the event entry to gain entry. Your ticket will be emailed to the email address specified during booking as a PDF attachment once your credit card has been successfully charged.
- Refund and Cancellation Policy:
The Festival is an all weather event. The Festival will take place rain, hail or shine.Promoter reserves the right to change, add, withdraw or substitute artists in the Festival line-up, vary the advertised program, vary the date, vary the Festival Site and/or the Camp Site without prior notification and deny admission to the Festival Site and/or Camp Site (including admission to a particular performance at the Festival Site) with reasonable cause.
Tickets are Non refundable. No credit or replacement tickets will be provided on any complimentary tickets; tickets which have been purchased from an unauthorized ticket seller.
Music Is Life Festival does NOT provide refunds on tickets, processing or service fees, however, should Music Is Life be shut down by order of Chief Health Officer for any and all Covid Outbreaks, Music Is Life will offer the following options:
A) a full refund less processing fees (refund processing fee is $19.95 inc GST)
B) carry over your ticket to the revised date.
Please note that should you wish to proceed with a refund request for Music is LIFE Tickets, you must do so in writing no later than 21 days from Postponed Festival Date (9th July 2021) being July 30, 2021, 11:59pm AEST.
Please note that should you wish to proceed with a refund request for VDM Fest Tickets, you must do so in writing no later than 21 days from Postponed Festival Date (8th August 2021) being August 29, 2021, 11:59pm AEST.
If a request has not been made by this date, your current Tickets are valid for the new rescheduled date. Please note that tickets are transferable and can be gifted OR re-sold should you be unable to attend.
To verify the authenticity of the original ticket, proof of purchase may be required if you are seeking a refund pursuant to this clause. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge that you are attending a festival with numerous artists programmed to perform at the Event and that the artists performing at the Event varies between locations where the Event is staged and that no refunds, credits, replacement tickets or other compensation is required to be provided if there is a change to the line-up of the performers at the Event.
- Festival Ticket Prices are based on Festival Budget and NOT any one Artist.
When signing up to Time to Pay (MILpay) your commitment is to pay the full ticket purchase price + booking fees. Payment plans may not be cancelled prior to full payment due to a change of mind or circumstance.
Music Is Life Festival is an all-weather event and will take place rain, hail or shine. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to inclement weather. Incorrect purchases are NOT guaranteed a refund and are at the discretion of the event organiser.
There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event. In exceptional circumstances Didge Group Pty Ltd may consider a refund request in writing with supporting documents outlining the exceptional circumstances faced by an individual.
We reserve the right to change, add, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity, vary the Music Is Life Festival Site and/or the Camping Site without prior notification and deny admission to the festival and/or camping site (including admission to a particular performance at the Music Is Life Festival Site) with reasonable cause.
- Ticket Restrictions: It is a condition of sale that tickets may not be offered for unauthorised re-sale, on 3rd party websites such as eBay or Gumtree. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including but not limited to competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is used in breach of these conditions, it may be cancelled without refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission. Tickets cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion whether commercial or non-commercial without the prior written consent of the Event organisers. The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
- Ticket Purchase Limits: Any tickets purchased in excess of the event Ticket/Transaction limit may be cancelled at the discretion of Music Is Life Festival.
Changes can occur: The Promoter reserves the right to, cancel, re-schedule, relocate the Event or add, withdraw or substitute artists and or vary advised programs, prices, venues and audience capacity at the Event without notice to you.
- Wristbands: Along with your ticket you will be issued with a wristband that you MUST keep on for the duration of the event. Anyone entering the site without a valid wristband will be deemed to have trespassed and will be handed over to the Police.
Damaged or defaced wristbands will not be accepted and wristbands which are removed or tampered with will be rendered invalid and will not be replaced. Replacement is not available for lost, destroyed or stolen wristbands, unless proof of purchase is presented.
- Entry Conditions: The Event is open to all ages. Patrons under the age of 18 years that attend the Event must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times in accordance with the Qld Liquor Act 1992. Who is a responsible adult for a minor, each of the following persons is a responsible adult for a minor (a) A parent, step parent or guardian of the minor, (b) an adult who has parental rights and responsibilities for the minor. Children who behave in a disorderly, disruptive or inappropriate manner may at the sole discretion of the Event organisers be required to leave. In that instance, the guardian of minor in question will also be required to leave the festival.
Admission to the Music Is Life Festival site (including campgrounds) is at the ticket holders’ own risk. Appropriate footwear and clothing must be worn at all times whilst on the Music Is Life Festival site. You acknowledge that neither We nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the Event by You or Your invitees. You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Event by You or Your invitees. In the event of injury or illness We may, at Your cost, arrange medical treatment and/or emergency evacuation as deemed essential for your safety. Animals are not permitted on the Music Is Life Festival site (including campgrounds), except in accordance with legislation.The Music Is Life Festival site (including campgrounds) is a Glass Free Zone. No glass is to be brought into any part of the venue.
- Search on Entry: It may be a condition of entry to the Event that a search of Your person and/or Your possessions is required at the time of entry to the venue. Glass, alcohol, weapons, illegal substances, or any item the Event organisers consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner may be confiscated. Refusal to consent to a search will prevent entry to the Event, without refund. Sealed plastic water bottles will be permitted to be brought into the Event. The contents of any opened plastic water bottles will not be permitted into the venue.
- Lost Property: Will be available at the cloak room opposite the foyer gates and items of considerable value will be given to the Police and available from their compound. 30 minutes – 1 hour after the last act on main stage, a volunteer community group will come and move all items left to the nearest tree on the hill. The purpose of this is so that the volunteer group can clean the hill appropriately for the next day. If you do happen to leave your items on the hill, we are not and will not be responsible the security of these items.
- Recording of Music Is Life Festival: Audio or visual recordings of the Event are prohibited. Still cameras (not professional) are permitted but images may only be used for private purposes and not public display. By attending the Event, you consent to being included in any film and/or sound recordings of the Event that may take place and agree for these recordings to be used by the Event Organiser. Camera phones and video footage is permitted to be shared on social media.+
- Recorded images: Music Is Life Festival reserves the right to use official photographs, video, or other digital media (“photo”) taken at the event in any and all of its publications, including web-based publications, without payment or other consideration. This shall apply in perpetuity. Music Is Life Festival reserves the right to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute these photos for any lawful purpose. In addition, Music Is Life Festival does not require the subject’s approval for use of material wherein the likeness appears. the subject shall have no right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photo.
- Behaviour: You must ensure that You and Your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the Event. We may refuse entry or evict You or any of Your invitees if they are behaving in a disorderly, offensive, threatening, or inappropriate manner towards any person.
- Smoking Policy: No smoking is permitted in any indoor area of Music Is Life Festival. Music Is Life Festival has smoking only areas where food and drink cannot be consumed.
- Alcohol: Music Is Life Festival venue is fully licensed, therefore only alcohol purchased from bars at Music Is Life Festival may be consumed on site. BYO alcohol will not be permitted within the Music Is Life Festival venue and will be confiscated. Any Patron wishing to consume alcohol must have valid photographic ID (Australian driver’s license, ’Proof of Age’ card or valid Passport). We reserve the right to evict patrons who disobey or break Responsible Service of Alcohol legislation and the law.You must be of legal age (18 years) to purchase and consume alcohol at Music Is Life Festival. If you are found supplying or buying alcohol for a minor (a person under 18 years of age) you will be evicted from the Event and will be referred to the police.
- Drugs: if you are found supplying, consuming or in possession of illicit drugs anywhere on the Music Is Life Festival site (including campgrounds) you will be evicted from the premises and will be referred to the police. Prescription Drugs prescribed by a medical practitioner are excluded from these conditions however we strongly suggest you have your relevant script on hand or keep your pharmaceuticals in their original packaging.
- Signage: Trading signs or other signs are not permitted without prior written consent of Music Is Life Festival. No ticket holder is entitled to do any trading without the written consent of the Event organisers.
- Camping: Every person camping on the site during Music Is Life Festival must have a ticket. No refunds will be made should you decide not to camp or attend the festival due to inclement weather. Camping is only permitted in designated areas and not beyond the marked perimeter. Music Is Life Festival will not be responsible for any belongings left behind. Roadways and designated trails must be kept clear. Public road rules apply, obey all traffic signs.
Fires are only permitted when Music Is Life Festival has been granted a fire permit. Wood fires are only permissible in suitable metal fire drums/containers. Firewood is available for purchase from Community Groups onsite.
Unruly behaviour, loud music or noise will not be tolerated and may result in Your removal from the campgrounds. You will be removed from the campgrounds if you behave in a threatening or inappropriate manner (aggressive, riotous, abusive, or insulting actions) towards other campers or Festival staff.
GENERATORS – 95% of Music is Life Festival campsites are unpowered. You are welcome to BYO power source, but you must be mindful and considerate of all others and not start a generator before 6am or after 10pm.
- Environment: Music Is Life Festival cares for the environment. Please place any litter in the recycle or other bins provided around the festival site (including campgrounds). As part of our commitment to our grounds we return them to pre festival conditions or better and appreciate your help in achieving this by leaving your area free from any litter or debris, bins are provided and we make every endeavour to have them empty by our contractors on a regular basis. For anyone bringing in large items like lounges etc to the campsite a $50 cash security deposit will be collected by our camp wardens and refunded to you when you remove them from site, the camp wardens will explain process to you when payment is made. (Disposal of lounges can cost Music Is Life Festival considerable expense)
- Release: To the full extent permitted by law, you waive all legal rights of action against and fully release Promoter and owner or lessee of the Festival Site and Camp Site (and their respective executive members, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors or agents) from any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury, death, economic loss or consequential loss for any default, failure or negligence (to the extent permitted by law) in relation to entry to and presence on the Festival Site and Camp Site.
- Indemnity: you agree to indemnify Promoter and owner and/or lessee of the Festival Site and Camp Site (as applicable) against any loss or damage Promoter and/or Festival Site and/or Camp Site owner and/or lessee may suffer arising out of your negligence or breach of the Festival T+Cs and/or the Camping T+Cs (as applicable).
- Risk: Entry to the Festival Site is at your own risk.
Without limiting the generality of this:– appropriate footwear and clothing must be worn at all times at the Festival Site;– you must not mosh, crowd surf or stage dive;– ear plugs should be worn if necessary.
To the extent permitted by law, Promoter takes no responsibility for any hearing damage or loss caused by excessive noise or injury caused by your failure to follow Promoter’s directives. In the event of injury or illness Promoter may, at your cost, arrange medical treatment and/or emergency evacuation as deemed essential for your safety.
Prohibited ItemsProhibited Items will be confiscated and not returned, with no exceptions. Prohibited Items include but are not limited to:-
– Firearms and ammunition.
– Butane gas canisters and burners
– Illicit substances
– Fireworks, flares or explosives
– Unregistered vehicles, vehicles with a permit or any vehicles that the organisers/event staff believe to be unroadworthy.
– Household furniture, vehicle parts or excess tyres
– Structures built on site in camping area
– Weapons including but not limited to: shovels, knives, axes, chainsaws
– Anti-social behaviour
– Beer funnels or bongs
– Drones or any other remote control devices
– Flammable liquids (container/jerry cans with flammable liquids will be confiscated)
– Projectiles or explosives in solid, liquid or gas form.
– Paint cans or spray paint cans
– Nitrous oxide bulbs and cannisters
– Wood over the allowed size of 60cm x 30cm
– Fireworks and flares are prohibited and will be confiscated on entry, anyone caught lighting fireworks and flares will be evicted.
– Animals are prohibited at the site, with the exception of service or assistance animals, such as Guide Dogs.
– Whips are not to be used in the festival arena unless part of the whip cracking demonstration/championships
– Any other object the organisers decide could be dangerous or disruptive to the event or other patrons, this is up to their discretion
If it is important to you and on the prohibited list don’t bother bringing it to the festival, as it will not be returned.
Last Updated 24th of August 2021
MILpay by Music Is Life Festival is a ‘SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT PLAN’ that allows you to book and SECURE your tickets NOW and pay them off in 3, 6 OR 9 easy monthly payments.
Use of the MILpay time to pay ticket booking service attracts a $9.95 Administration Fee per ticket.
This administration fee and your first payment will be processed once you checkout on our website with all subsequent payments being deducted from your nominated card.
MILpay will send you a final confirmation e-mail to your stated e-mail address when all payments have been successfully processed.
Your tickets will be sent to your stated e-mail address within 48 hours of your final payment reaching our account.
Upon checkout and processing your initial payment you will create an account on our website.
You can check your term balance, make additional payments, finalise your plan early, update your credit or debit card information and even pause payments by simply logging back into your account.
Please ensure you have funds available in your nominated and authorised payment option.
All MILpay ‘SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT PLANS’ must be paid in FULL by 14 days before the event commencement date. Failure to do so due to defaulted payments will result in forfeit of your tickets and order.
If your nominated payment method cannot be processed due to insufficient funds on the scheduled payment date for the relevant month, the system will automatically retry your payment again each day for 3 days. If it fails again on the third attempt your account will become suspended and you will need to login to your account and recommence payments. It is your responsibility to manage your payments.
NB: You may cancel future payments and your order, however, this will mean you forfeit your tickets and you acknowledge that no refunds will be honoured for any funds paid to date.